What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file that is stored on your computer, tablet or smartphone. A cookie is not a program that contains harmful processes or viruses.
Some cookies perform basic and necessary website functions. Cookies also help us to understand why you visit the website, so that we can continuously improve and adapt the website to your specific needs and interests.
- Necessary cookies help make a website usable by enabling basic functions, such as page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function fully without these cookies.
- Functional cookies make it possible to store information that changes the way the website looks or behaves. E.g. your preferred language or the region in which you are located.
- Statistical cookies help the website owner understand how visitors interact with the website by collecting and reporting information.
How long are cookies kept?
How long a cookie is stored on the device and in the browsers varies. The lifetime of a cookie is calculated based on the last visit you had to the website. When a cookie's lifetime is over, it is automatically deleted.
Reject or delete cookies
You can reject all cookies and/or cookies from third parties entirely by changing the settings in the browser on your computer, tablet or smartphone. The location of these settings depends on which browser you use. But you must be aware that if you reject all and/or third-party cookies, there will be functions and services that you can no longer use on the websites (since these are dependent on cookies).
How can I delete cookies?
It is easy to delete cookies that you have previously accepted, but the method depends on which browser you use (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc.) and the device you use (smartphone, tablet, Windows PC, Mac). You can normally find it under Settings - Security and privacy - but it varies from browser to browser. Select the relevant link for more information:
- Microsoft Edge
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
- Flash cookies
- Chrome, Android
Cookies on postenbring.no/en
These cookies are set and are necessary for the website to function as well as possible. These are set automatically and can be removed from the browser as explained in the section above.
- Nmstat: Siteimprove, collects information about the users and their activity on the website for analysis and reporting purposes – stored for 3 years in the browser
Do you have questions?
If you have comments or questions related to the information and/or processing of personal data, you can contact us.
- Published – 20 January 2016
- Added Siteimprove information – June 2019
- Added uuid2 – November 2021
- New version – February 2024